- 0.7 cup brown rice cooked
- 1.3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces grilled chicken chopped
- 2.7 cups bell peppers chopped
- 2.7 cloves garlic
- 1.3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.3 avocado
- 2.7 plum tomatoe
- 0.7 lime freshly squeezed juice
- 1.3 red onion
- 0.3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1.3 tsp salt
- 1.3 tsp pepper
- Sauté peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil
- Combine sautéed veggies with rice, black beans and grilled chicken.
- Fresh Pico: Chop tomatoes, add salt, pepper, and chopped cilantro. Squeeze onion Mix well.
- Top with 1/3 avocado per bowl
Make it a taco? Remove brown rice - replace with 3 corn or flour tortilla
SERVES 4, 1 serving: Cals 420 | Carb 38 | Fat 16g | Prot 32g
SOUTHWEST TEMPEH TACO BOWL
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Tempeh such as Lightlife
- 1 TBSP low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- 3-4 cups romaine lettuce or spinach
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Add oil to medium saute pan and turn heat to medium-high. Crumbled tempeh and add to saute pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then add 1/4 cup of the diced tomatoes and the taco seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper if desired and cook for additional 4-5 minutes.
- While tempeh is cooking, dice onions and slice avocado into small slices. Drain and rinse beans and corn. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce, corn, beans, avocado, and red onion into 3 servings. Top with 1/3 of the tempeh mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
SERVES 3, 1 serving: Cal 500 | Carb 59 | Fat 16g | Prot 27