The 5 Factors of Health: Nutrition
A few weeks ago we began our blog series on the 5 Factors of Health. Today we talk about Factor #2 - NUTRITION!We are really good at talking about nutrition! In case you are not aware, we are on a mission to change our members lives through nutrition, fitness and community. Our program was written and is overseen by a R.D. and it is NOT a quick fix diet based plan. We focus on building healthy habits in order for you to have a foundation to fall back on when motivation fails you.We believe that something as fundamental as nutrition should not be complicated! This month I want you to focus on keeping things simple.
CHALLENGE: Eat real food and try to eliminate processed refined carbohydrates as much as possible.
Our modern American diets are carb and sugar filled. Combined with our sedentary lifestyles, as a nation - we are heavier and unhealthier than ever. Trendy diets may give us the satisfaction of losing weight quickly, but they don't fix our bad habits or help us maintain those results for the long haul.Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you happy with your current lifestyle, weight and body composition?
- If no; read on and ask yourself a couple more questions...
- Is your unhappiness important enough to do something about?
- What does success look like to you? Identifying this will help you set long and short term goals.
Below is a list of habits some of the most successful people have used to help kickstart their wellness.
- Plan food for the week (click here for some tools to help you meal prep)
- Eat until 80% full
- Don’t drink your calories
- Eat slowly and without distractions
- Eat a protein, carb and fat at every meal
- Log your food in a journal or app like My Fitness Pal
- Tell a friend or loved one about your goals
- Avoid highly processed food sources (remember your challenge above)
- Limit “added” sugar
Are you still feeling overwhelmed and not sure where to begin? We have a program that can help hold you accountable to your goals and provide you with education to make a change. Book your free intro by clicking HERE!P.S. Here is a FREE Nutrition & Wellness Ebook to provide you some motivation to get started! Click HERE to download! Be Well!